Law Costs Draftsman/Costs Lawyer – Manchester City Centre
Due to continued expansion, we require an experienced Costs Lawyer/ Law Costs Draftsman with expertise in both Commercial and Clinical Negligence work; to be based full-time in our city centre Manchester office. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience of dealing with complex multi-track matters and must be able to prepare costs budgets, draft complex bills and have a sound understanding of the ever-changing nature of the costs and legal industry in general. We are looking for somebody capable of developing the opportunities we have within our existing client base, along with developing new contacts in conjunction with our dedicated team of business development personnel.
An excellent package is offered including highly competitive remuneration, 25 days annual holiday and a pension scheme.
- Dealing with complex multi-track matters
- Working on clinical negligence and commercial cases
- Preparing bills of costs
- Preparing interim schedules of costs and statements of costs for summary assessment
- Drafting Points of Dispute and Replies to Points of Dispute
- Drafting costs budgets
- Settling Advices on complex and technical costs issues
- Drafting Interim applications within costs proceedings
- Negotiation of bills
- Appearing as an advocate at detailed assessment hearings and interim applications within costs proceedings
- Attendance at CCMCs.
The ideal candidate will also:-
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a high level of professionalism
- Have experience in using mainstream costs software packages and case management programmes, in particular CostsMaster and Proclaim.
- Be able to deal with all manner of complex costs issues without supervision
To apply for this job vacancy please email your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org .